Every year we invite applications from across a range of different areas of research, or categories. Our Advisory Council carefully selects these categories according to the challenges facing UK society.
A number of our categories are delivered in partnership with organisations who are experts in the funded area. These partnerships usually run for three years and offer our Fellows opportunities to share their findings, and exchange ideas and best practice with relevant networks of professionals.
Explore our individual category pages from the menu on the left of this page to find out more about the criteria and partnerships relative to each one. If your project doesn't fall within the remit of any category you can apply in the Open category.
- Craft and Design
- Environment, Conservation and Sustainable Living
- Health and Wellbeing
- Mental Health – Community Based Approaches
- Migration – Living Well Together
- New Approaches to Social and Affordable Housing
- Nursing and Allied Health Professions
- Science, Technology and Innovation
- Supporting Vulnerable Children following Bereavement*
- Young People (for applicants aged 18-25)
(*new category for 2018)