Who can apply
Our Fellows come from all over the UK and from many different backgrounds. We do not require qualifications, but you should be passionate about what you do and keen to share your passion to inspire others.
You must be:
- a UK Citizen and have a British passport when you apply
- resident in the UK
- 18 years old or over when you apply - or turn 18 by the end of the year
We only accept one application per individual each year. Churchill Fellows cannot reapply. If your application is unsuccessful, you can apply again.
If you were born in Northern Ireland, hold an Irish passport and are resident in the UK, you can apply.
If you are resident in the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man you can apply.
If you reside in British Overseas Territories or serve abroad in the Armed Forces or as a diplomat you can also apply.
We will not consider the following projects:
- those which only benefit the individual and show no potential for wider benefit
- joint projects - we will only fund one individual
- teams or team members - expedition leaders can apply under the Open category
- those which already have, or hope to have, a large number of sponsors
We also do not fund:
- ‘gap year' activities
- academic studies
- degree placements
- student grants
- medical electives
- post-graduate studies – unless real and wider benefit to others in the UK can be clearly demonstrated
- art projects that will result in only an exhibition, and have no benefits beyond raising the profile and expertise of the individual