Spread the word
Churchill Fellows are the best people to help us to spread the word about the Travelling Fellowships.
Speaking to others about the positive impact of a Fellowship is a powerful way of inspiring them to consider applying themselves.
Countless applicants credit Fellows as the reason that they were motivated to apply.
From Monday 5th June to Sunday 18th June 2017 we are making a special request to our Fellows to help us spread the word about the Travelling Fellowships, as part of Fellows’ Fortnight. Applications for travel in 2018 opened on Tuesday 9th May, and we want to ensure that as many people as possible, from the broadest range of backgrounds and locations across the UK, get to hear about the opportunity to apply for a Travelling Fellowship.
Below are a number of ways you can help us spread the word during Fellows' Fortnight.
Sign up to our Thunderclap campaign
If you use social media, you can sign up to our Thunderclap campaign. Everyone who signs up to our campaign will post our pre-prepared message from their Twitter, Facebook or Tumblr account simultaneously at 10am on Monday 5th June, allowing us to reach even more people.
Talk about us on social media
We're encouraging Fellows to take to social media to tell people why they should apply for a Travelling Fellowship. You could talk about the impact of your Fellowship, or highlight one of the categories we are inviting applications in. If you use #traveltoinspire in your tweets we can retweet you. We’ll also be talking about the benefits of applying for a Fellowship during Fellows’ Fortnight on Facebook and Twitter, so shares and retweets would be most welcome.
More ways Fellows have helped spread the word:
- giving talks / interviews
- sharing our posts on social media
- attending / speaking at conferences
- information sessions or evenings in their local community
- team updates
- distributing flyers at conferences and in their workplace
- placing flyers in local libraries and community hubs
- social media / blogs
- writing articles
- encouraging friends and colleagues
- discussing their Fellowship experience at the gym or book club etc!
We can provide:
- WCMT (NEW) information postcards
- annual category flyers
- Fellows' stories of achievement brochures (A4)
- powerpoint slides with general WCMT background information for inclusion in your presentations
- we also have some banners that you could borrow for your events (cartridge style roller banner)
If you would like to request any of the above please email us, giving details of quantities needed, reasons for order and any relevant dates.