How to apply to the Activate Fund
For 2020 applications
The application form and dates
Applications will open in October 2020, for grants in 2021. At that time we will send a personalised email to all eligible Fellows, giving each of them a hyperlink to their own application form. You can preview the application form here.
If you are eligible but have not received the email, please check your junk mail folders first. Then if you would like it to be resent, please request it from us at [email protected]. Similarly, if you have mislaid the email, you can request it again from [email protected].
Applications will close in December 2020 (exact date to be announced). Applications received after this time will not be considered.
To avoid any technical difficulties arising, which may prevent you from submitting in time, we recommend applying well before the deadline. This will also ensure that we are able to support you with any technical difficulties.
Assistance and advice
We are holding online webinars for applicants, when you can ask any questions about applying for the Activate Fund. These will be live sessions which you can join online.
During the application period, you can discuss your proposal with the Activate Fund Manager, Derek Bardowell, who can answer any queries you may have or go through the questions with you. You can also contact Derek if you require assistance with completing the online form, or if you have a valid reason for not applying online and need a paper copy to be posted to you. Derek is available on Mondays and Tuesdays on [email protected] or 020 7799 1669.
Stage 1: Apply online
- Deadline: December 2020, exact date to be announced.
- You can make your application online from October (exact date to be announced).
- The application consists of ten questions, which can be previewed here.
- These can be answered in written or audio format. (Guidelines on how to apply using an audio format can be found in the FAQs.)
Stage 2: Shortlisting
- You will be notified in early March 2021 as to whether you have been shortlisted for interview or declined.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a 20-minute interview at our London offices on 30 or 31 March 2021.
- The decisions and interviews will be undertaken by our Activate Fund Subcommittee, supported by external experts where appropriate.
Stage 3: Award
- Shortlisted candidates will be notified about whether they have been successful or not by mid-April 2021.
Stage 4: Induction
An induction seminar will take place for the successful candidates in May 2021.