How to apply to the Activate Fund
Applications to the Activate Fund are now closed and will reopen in 2022.
For grants in 2021, applications are open from 11 February to 5pm on 23 March 2021. Applications received after this time will not be considered.
To avoid any technical difficulties arising, which may prevent you from submitting in time, we recommend applying well before the deadline. This will also ensure that we are able to support you with any technical difficulties.
Assistance and advice
During the application process, you can discuss your proposal with Katie Baldock, Fellowship Support Manager – Dissemination, who can answer any queries you may have or go through the questions with you.
We are also holding an online webinar when you can ask any questions about applying for the Activate Fund. This will be held on Tuesday 2 March at 12:00pm, and you find more information on this and register to attend here.
If you require assistance with completing the online form, please email [email protected].
If you have a valid reason for not applying online, and need a paper copy to be posted to you, please email us on [email protected], explaining why you require a paper form. Please ensure that this request is made by 18 February to ensure there is time for us to post the form and for you to complete and return it by the deadline.
Stage 1: Apply online
- Fellows who are eligible to apply to the Fund will receive an email on 11 February 2021.
- Deadline: 5pm on 23 March 2021.
- The application consists of seven questions.
- These can be answered in written or audio format. (Guidelines on how to apply using an audio format can be found in the FAQs.)
Stage 2: Shortlisting
- You will be notified on 14 April as to whether you have been shortlisted for interview.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a 20-minute online interview in mid-late May.
- The decisions and interviews will be undertaken by our Activate Fund Subcommittee, supported by external experts where appropriate.
Stage 3: Award
- Shortlisted candidates will be notified about whether they have been successful or not by 25 May 2021.
Stage 4: Induction
- An induction seminar will take place for the successful candidates on 29 June 2021.