How to apply to the Activate Fund
Applications for 2020 grants have now closed. The next grants round is being developed and all eligible Fellows will be notified in time to apply.
The application form and dates
When the next grants round is launched, we will send a personalised email to all eligible Fellows, giving each of them a hyperlink to their own application form. You can preview the application form here.
If you are eligible but have not received the email, please check your junk mail folders first. Then if you would like it to be resent, please request it from us at [email protected]. Similarly, if you have mislaid the email, you can request it again from [email protected].
Applications will close on a date to be announced. Applications received after this time will not be considered.
To avoid any technical difficulties arising, which may prevent you from submitting in time, we recommend applying well before the deadline. This will also ensure that we are able to support you with any technical difficulties.
Assistance and advice
We will be holding online webinars for applicants, when you can ask any questions about applying for the Activate Fund. These will be live sessions which you can join online.
During the application period, you can discuss your proposal with the Activate Fund Manager, Derek Bardowell, who can answer any queries you may have or go through the questions with you. You can also contact Derek if you require assistance with completing the online form, or if you have a valid reason for not applying online and need a paper copy to be posted to you. Derek is available on Mondays and Tuesdays on [email protected] or 020 7799 1669.
Stage 1: Apply online
- Deadline: exact date to be announced.
- You can make your application online from a date to be announced.
- The application consists of ten questions, which can be previewed here.
- These can be answered in written or audio format. (Guidelines on how to apply using an audio format can be found in the FAQs.)
Stage 2: Shortlisting
- You will be notified on a date to be announced as to whether you have been shortlisted for interview or declined.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a 20-minute interview at our London offices.
- The decisions and interviews will be undertaken by our Activate Fund Subcommittee, supported by external experts where appropriate.
Stage 3: Award
- Shortlisted candidates will be notified about whether they have been successful or not.
Stage 4: Induction
- An induction seminar will take place for the successful candidates.