Who can apply to the Activate Fund
Applications to the Activate Fund are now closed and will reopen in 2022.
The Activate Fund is open to all Fellows in the first ten years after your travels.
Eligibility is calculated each year on a rolling basis, with a year's gap after your initial return, in order for you to gather your thoughts and make your plans:
- For 2021 grants, Fellows from 2010 to 2019 can apply.
- For 2022 grants, Fellows from 2012 to 2020 can apply.
To apply, you must also have completed your Fellows’ Report, and had it approved for publication on our website by WCMT staff, at least six months prior to the application opening date of 11 February 2021.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for Fellows who are ready to activate or accelerate findings from your travels. We are particularly interested in hearing from you if you are finding it difficult to access other funding to develop your project.
As with the Fellowship, we are searching for committed and motivated people. Those driven by personal and professional experiences who have dedicated their working careers and lives to a cause. We will also evaluate proposals based on the Fellows’ ability to identify what they can achieve with this funding and how their work will benefit the most marginalised communities.
Applications will be assessed on the potential of your project to have a major impact at a local, regional or national level, and on your ability to identify what can be achieved with this funding, including a clear implementation plan.
You will need to demonstrate that:
- Your plans are realistic and achievable.
- You have a clear analysis of who are the most vulnerable people or communities being impacted by the issues you are addressing.
- There is a need for this project because it is (a) filling a gap or (b) adding value to existing work in the field.
- You have lived experience of the issues you are addressing or you are meaningfully and equitably consulting with the most impacted communities with your work.
- Your project is connected to your Fellowship.
- Your plans match the Fund’s ambition to activate or accelerate projects.
- You are struggling to access financial resources for your project.
Before applying, you will need to complete a brief online eligibility questionnaire to ensure that you can be considered. If you are not eligible, you will be unable to continue with the application.
You will need to confirm that:
- You are a Churchill Fellow from 2010 onward.
- Your report was approved by WCMT for publication on the website at least six months prior to the Activate application open date (11 February 2021).
- You will be seeking funds for activities that are directly related to your Fellowship.
- Your work adheres to the Trust’s charitable aims.
- You will be carrying out work that is based, and will primarily benefit, people in the UK.
- Your work is not motivated solely by profit.
Applications are open from 11 February to 5pm on 23 March 2021, for grants in 2021. All eligible Fellows have been contacted individually by email and sent an individual link to their own application form.