A Churchill Fellowship is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to expand your professional and personal horizons by travelling abroad for up to two months, researching innovative practice on a topic of your choice. Register for application alerts.
"I’m only a few hours into this but already I can see why a Fellowship is far more than just the bursary – people at work are emailing with their past experiences, and I can see why now this is a Fellowship for life! Amazing!" - 2018 Fellow, on announcement day
Everyone can apply, regardless of age or background, and no qualifications are required. Just a passion to make change happen in the field of your choice. How to apply
Applications for our next round of Churchill Fellowships will open on 27 April 2018 and close on 18 September 2018. These are for research trips in 2019 and beyond. Application timeline.
For 2019 we will be awarding Fellowships for topics in these categories:
- Artists & makers
- Emergency services: crisis prevention, response and recovery
- Enterprise: supporting social impact
- Environment, conservation & sustainable living
- Healthcare: innovations for the twenty-first century
- Migration: living well together
- Nursing & Allied Health Professions
- Rural living: strengthening countryside communities
- Science, technology & engineering
- Suicide: prevention, intervention and postvention
- Open category: for projects beyond this range