Every year we invite applications across a range of different areas of research, or categories. Our Advisory Council carefully selects these categories according to the challenges facing UK society.
We will be launching new categories for 2019 Fellowships soon.
A number of our categories are delivered in partnership with organisations who are experts in the funded area. These partnerships usually run for three years and offer our Fellows opportunities to share their findings, and exchange ideas and best practice with relevant networks of professionals.
Explore our individual category pages to find out more about the criteria and partnerships associated with each one. If your project doesn't fall within the remit of any category you can apply in the Open category.
- Environment, Conservation and Sustainable Living
- Health and Wellbeing
- Migration – Living Well Together
- Nursing and Allied Health Professions
- Science, Technology and Innovation
- Young People (for applicants aged 18-25)