Who can apply to the Action Fund
To apply to the autumn 2020 round of the Covid-19 Action Fund, candidates must meet all the following criteria:
- Be a Churchill Fellow.
- Have completed all or part of your Fellowship travels.
- Be seeking funds for activities that:
- Directly respond to issues related to Covid-19.
- Are based in and will primarily benefit people of the UK.
- Are not motivated solely by profit.
- Adhere to the Trust's charitable purposes.
To be successful for a Covid-19 Action Fund award in this round, you will need to demonstrate that:
- Your ideas and activities are creating long-term solutions for social and economic recovery, reconstruction or future prevention.
- Your work has the potential to radically improve our public services, address structural inequality in the UK, or rethink and reimagine our society after the pandemic.
- Your plans are developed and tangible enough to potentially lead to lasting public benefit beyond the immediate period.
- Your proposal is directly linked to your Fellowship, or if not, that it is a strong fit to the above criteria.
In addition, you will increase your chances of success if you can demonstrate that:
- Your proposal is responding to the unmet needs of high-risk or vulnerable groups.
- You have been or remain directly impacted by the issues you are addressing.
- Your proposal will address issues of inclusion, especially around racial or disability injustice.
Relevance to your Fellowship
We will prioritise proposals that relate to your original Fellowship project. However, we will also consider applications that do not relate to your Fellowship, provided that they use innovative approaches and offer compelling ideas that fit the focus of this round.