Who we fund
“The fellowship has inspired me to change my life and given me the confidence to take this plan forward. Thank you so much." - Social worker Polly Baines, Fellow
Every UK citizen can apply for a Churchill Fellowship. We are looking for people from all parts of society and all age groups, who are keen to make a contribution to their community or profession. We are interested in talent and commitment, which can come from anywhere.
To become a Fellow you do not need particular qualifications or experience. You do not need to be a leader in your organisation or your field. But you must have a passion for your project topic, for learning how to improve it and for making change happen.
You can register here for email alerts about the next application round, which will run from 16 May to 17 September 2019.
To apply, you must be:
- A UK citizen holding a UK passport.
- Resident in the UK.
- Aged 18 or over when you submit your application form (or turn 18 by the end of that year).
You can apply:
- If you are a previously unsuccessful applicant.
- If you were born in Northern Ireland, hold an Irish passport and are resident in the UK.
- If you are resident in the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.
- If you reside in British Overseas Territories, or serve abroad in the Armed Forces or as a diplomat.
You cannot apply:
- If you are already a Fellow.
- If you do meet the criteria above.
- If your project falls outside of our funding criteria.
If you are an Australian or a New Zealander, you might be able to apply to the Australian Trust or the New Zealand Trust.