"Just applying for a Fellowship has been one of the best experiences of my life. If you’re passionate about helping change, I would encourage anyone to look into it." - Town councillor Tod Sullivan, Fellow
There are two stages to applying for a Fellowship, which we have made as simple and open as possible. Before starting, you should ensure that you meet our criteria for who we fund.
1. Application Form
- From May-September each year you can apply using our simple Application Form, which is online at that time.
- This is your chance to tell us about your project and yourself. The form asks about your proposed topic and travels, your employment history and some standard personal details. It also asks which award category your project relates to. You should use this form to demonstrate that your project is feasible and meets our funding criteria.
2. Shortlist Form
- In November, if you are shortlisted, you will be asked to complete a much more in-depth Shortlist Form, which is online at that time.
- You will have around three weeks to complete and submit this form. It requests more detail about your project, an outline budget and two references.
- It will form the basis for an interview in January, when you will be interviewed by a panel of experts for about 20 minutes.
- Successful candidates will be informed in February and can travel from April onwards.
- The deadline for Application Forms is absolute and late submissions will not be considered. Timeline
- Both forms are available on our website only at the relevant periods, not in advance.
You can register now to receive email alerts about the next application round, which will run from 16 May to 17 September 2019.
Video: Advice from successful candidates about applying