Social media toolkit for announcing 2020 new Fellows
On Thursday 5 March WCMT will announce this year’s 141 new Churchill Fellows. On that day we would encourage you to share this news on social media, your website and any other controlled channels as much as you can – it’s good publicity for Fellows and also helps to encourage other people to apply for these Fellowships. This page serves as a guide to help you share this exciting news.
Social media activities
- Please follow us on Twitter @wcmtuk and repost or comment on what we’re saying on 5 March.
- When posting on social media, make sure you tag @wcmtuk and use the hashtag #ChurchillFellows2020.
- You can also link to our news story on 5 March.
- Some suggested social media posts can be found below:
Congratulations to the 141 #ChurchillFellows2020 who will travel across 51 countries in search of innovative solutions for today’s most pressing problems, with the aim of inspiring change within their professions and communities across the UK. Find out more @wcmtuk > http://bit.ly/2vDzKoT
Well done to the inspiring 141 #ChurchillFellows2020 who will soon travel the world in search of best practices for today’s most pressing problems, and bring back innovative solutions to the UK. Find out more @wcmtuk > http://bit.ly/2vDzKoT
I’m proud to be a #ChurchillFellow. Since 1965, WCMT have funded more than 5,800 inspiring individuals who want to create positive change in UK society. Applications open on 30 April for next year’s Fellowships > http://bit.ly/3atdOvo
Today 141 #ChurchillFellows2020 have been announced who will travel the world in search of innovative solutions for today’s most pressing problems. Find out more @wcmtuk > http://bit.ly/2vDzKoT
From today a new cohort of 141 #ChurchillFellows2020 will travel the world with a mission to find global solutions for key issues and bring back new ideas that can be actioned in the UK. Find out more @wcmtuk > http://bit.ly/2vDzKoT
Standard phrases you could use about WCMT
- The Churchill Fellowships fund UK citizens from all parts of society to travel the world in search of innovative solutions for today’s most pressing problems, with the aim of inspiring change within their professions and communities across the UK.
- This year’s 141 Churchill Fellows will receive grants totalling over £1,050,000 and travel to 51 countries across 6 continents. The full list of Fellows and their projects is available at www.wcmt.org.uk from 5 March.
- Applications for next year’s Fellowships will open on 30 April 2020, for travel in 2021. Everyone can apply, regardless of age, qualifications or background, as long as they are a UK resident citizen aged 18 or over.
- Every year up to 150 Churchill Fellows are funded to spend 6-8 weeks overseas, researching practical innovations in these fields: Arts and culture, Community and citizenship, Economy and enterprise, Education and skills, Environment and resources, Health and wellbeing, Governance and public provision, Science and technology. On their return, we help them to make change happen in their professions and communities across the UK.
- WCMT has sent out press releases to the traditional media.
- We can send these to your media contacts too, if you would like to send us their email addresses (send these to [email protected]).
If you need any advice about publicity or media during the announcement period, please email [email protected].