Each grant is individually calculated and depends on the project, the destination(s) and the duration of travel. Our aim is that all travel related costs will be covered by the grant.
The grant covers
- Economy return flights to the UK.
- Internal travel in your destination countries.
- Food and accommodation for the duration of your travels.
We also pay for (in addition to the grant)
- Visa fees.
- Vaccination costs.
Subject to approval we may also pay for
- Conference fees.
- Translator costs.
- Carer's travel and accommodation (if you have a disability and require someone to travel with you).
- In exceptional circumstances we may make a contribution to home expenses. This should be mentioned on the short-list form for discussion at interview.
We usually do not cover
- Carer's fees.
We assess each application individually so if the success of a project depends on some of these expenses being covered, they may be considered.
What does the grant NOT cover?
- Equipment (e.g. photo cameras, video cameras, special gear, etc.).
- Loss of income.
- Costs of replacement staff.